[vdr] Re: autostart for VDR

Thank u one more time :)

You mean "login myself" or really log?
If you mean the first no there is no need to login to have a running vdr.
The files rc.local are good for doing such things.

@ I mean log into linux (log + password)

No need for.
@ okay

Now you can change the location where you like to work in a simple an
experienced environment with only the cursor and the enter keys. ;-)
@ok I already do that ;)

The right place to find the rc.local file is /etc/rc.d/rc.local . If you are
there you can edit the rc.local file with F4 within mc or if you are on
shell with mcedit rc.local .
Near the end of the file there are some lines beginning with echo.....
This are the messages you get when peanut comes up. Put simply the line:

open -c2 runvdr
@ that was what I was loooking for ;)

If you like to look for the messages vdr produces you have to change to the
second console with [ALT]+F2 or [ALT]+left or right.
If your runvdr script resides in /bin or /usr/bin your system should start
vdr after a reboot.
Thats the magic.
@that really magically nice !!!!

>even if I would like to be able to navigate through the OSD from the PC
>keyboard and soon I hope with the  remote control
Aaah, that is a problem. :-) You have to change to console 2 after every
restart of your system. With a irremote there will be no problem at all.

@ can I try an
@''open -c1 runvdr ''
@to do it through the tty1 ??

Thanking u again  Herr Sschmidt