[vdr] Re: Plugin & Diseqc Question to Klaus & all

Hi Klaus,

R> if I switch from say Pro7 to RTL (meaning the same satellite), I
R> don`t have to wait the 52 seconds. How come?

K>The DiSEqC commands are only sent if they are actually different.

Aha, that explains that (and maybe my problem) If the DVB drivers
only send the 22kHz tone on/off commands once and the motor
garbles it, then the LNB wouldn't switch. IŽll see if I can integrate
the tone command into the channel switch somehow so that it sends
it after the motor has reached the final position.

K>Well, I don't know why you do or don't need the 'T'. This simply
K>controls the 22kHz tone.

Yes, I understood that, but maybe the 22kHz never reaches the LNB
due to motor movement. It might also be that the motor actually
switches the LNB off during movement as the DiSEqC specs say
a maximum of 500mA to any diseqc registered product. By switching
the LNB off, they save current and prevent pops, clicks and other
glitches while the motor is moving (YOU turn Pids off in VDR,
but maybe some elcheapo receivers don't) and from annoying the
viewer. My Nokia goes black during the motor movement, so
maybe the LNB is really switched off.

> tune command again). Perhaps even sending the tone command
> once, after the motor has reached the satellite position is enough.

K>Just put the tuning call into the waiting loop to test that.

I will continue searching and trying ;o))

Greetz,
Reinhard