[vdr] Re: Get CAM/CI working

> > ..I have a Hauppauge DVB-s 2.1 with a ci interface for 2 CAMs..
> > (and legal Conax/Viaccess CAMs/cards)
> > ..and I cant get the thing working..
> > I have tested, it works in w2k, but I use Linux on my PCs..
>
> Oh no, I live in Norway also. Just bought my Hauppauge Nexus card. Same
> as yours. Haven't got the common interface card yet(they didn't have it
> in stock). So I can't get it to work in linux? I bought the card so I
> could use linux. DARN

I had to wait for my ci interface for 3 or 4 months .. :-/
And the disapointment was big when i found out that the ci was not
supported by the drivers.
Mybee its just me.. ..i wasnt able to get it into work..
I will give it another try this weekend.

> What type of cam do you have? I have send some e-mail to Canaldigital
> and they said that I had to order a cam from them that is working with
> non mediahighway tuners(I think). And I had to get a card from them that
> works with that cam.

I dont know what differs between those, but i ordered the CAM and card
for use in my Nokia 9602 who is a mediahighway box.
That was last winter.
The same goes for people buying a Force-box.
My local dealer tell me that the CAMs they have in stock
(for mediahighway tuners) works just OK on the Force.

If someone have more input on this, please speak up.

> So this work just in windows?

Both the Viaccess RedLabel and the Conax (rev 1.0) works with
Technotrend software and WinDVB200Live(dont remember exact name)
when using using the latest firmware from technotrend.
It was a real hassle to get working. I had to give up Win98 and use w2k.
But it is clunky, VDR is the real choise when you compare them.

--
Mvh
Nils Olav Fossum