[vdr] Re: OT: size of svcd?

Steffen Barszus wrote:
> No and no. tosvcd is using the only mpeg2encoder I know under Linux.

I have read a test of several MPEG encoders recently (don't remember where)
and unfortunately none of the good ones run under Linux.

The test agreed with what I have heard before several times:
by far the best encoder is TMPGEnc, the tsunami MPEG encoder.

Does anyone know whether it works under WINE?

Under IRIX, I am using dmconvert, which also produces excellent
quality, but it is only available under IRIX, has problems
with source A/V (Quicktime) files > 1GB and can only produce MPEG1.

Carsten.