[vdr] Re: Found a really CRAZY solution for the RTL problem

Hi Oliver,

> Of course: The screen goes black because the firmware no longer
> accepts data to be *displayed* (transfer mode!).

In my case in does NOT go black. Well, okay it does for maybe a
second (probably the CAM kicking in) and then I can view live just
as if the RTL problem didn't exist. Since I only have a single card
I can't do a record and a replay at the same time. That's the only
thing that (can't) doesn't work, but I can live with that ;o))

Jörg just reported it works for him, too,  except that his TV goes
black during live view mode. This may depend on the CAM used.
Can't say until we hear more results (hopefully positive ones ;o).

> Nevertheless, recording works fine. You might see lots of ring buffer
> overflow messages because ringbuffer of the transfer thread is full.

Will have to check on this. I was too exited ;o)) to post my new
results, so I forgot to check if I get any overflows or other error
messages.

> This is exactly my point. The replayed data must be different, since
> the CAM is not involved during replay.

Okay, I see what you mean now.

Greetz,
Reinhard