[vdr] Re: Is there enough interrest in a mp3 player plugin forsoundcard output?

Hmm Ok think about it further .... don't see any use after all ;) There is no problem to have giant-disc and vdr on the same machine ;) But you can write whatever you want if you think it is usefull.
A bit Offtopic:
For me GiantDisc has the big disadvantage of it's somewhat idiotic filename/storage dogma as I also use a portable mp3-player and do not want to export everything I want to tranfser to the mp3-player first and than transfer it. Also it's much easier to find a mp3 if you have a nice directorystructure. "no idea what.mp3" in /path/to/nowhere is just easier to see than "tr0001188840000.mp3" (not sure if that is really right) in a directory with many other tr0000118... mp3s.
For me that's the biggest disadvantage of GiantDisc. Tried it after reading something about it in an older c't, where it was also mentioned that you can stick to your directorystructure and giantdisc will only use links to the files in it's directorystructure, but never found out how to do that, as the documentation lacks some really important parts.
Else Giantdisc would be really great.

Ontopic again:
And cause of that I would love to see a possibility to use the m3plugin with output to my soundcard as the soundstumbling on mp3playback is getting worse again with newer DVB driverversions, at least for me. With drivers from 05.24.2003 (which are the latest I tried) mp3playback is almost unusable - no fun to have at least 1 skip in 30 seconds.