[vdr] Re: VDR Admin 0.90

Hi,
[....]
I noticed that watching the "live" TV snapshots doesn't work if vdradmin
and VDR are run on different machines. VDR saves the snapshot in
/tmp/vdr.jpg on the VDR host and vdradmin tries to read /tmp/vdr.jpg on
the host where it runs, and obviously there is no such file on the
vdradmin host. A solution to this could be to stream the image as a
image/jpeg over the socket, or then have a config option that specifies
where the image is saved by VDR, so that it can be saved into some
directory that both hosts can access.

hmm, if you use gecko based browsers, camserve would even do a better
job for you. camserv grabs the v4l device and generates a jpeg-stream
it provides via its own http server.
to change the "tv" url to the camserv url would be easy.

i use the camserv rpm for redhat 7.x without big trouble,
the dvb specific part from my camserv.cfg is:
[video_v4l_dvb]
path /usr/local/lib/camserv/libvideo_v4l.so.0
device_path /dev/video
port 0
color 30000
hue 30000