[vdr] Re: VDR Admin 0.90

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003, Thomas Koch wrote:

>Hi,
>
>after many pre versions, the new look is finished :-)

Wow, this one looks really polished! Although my Konqueror seems to get
the layout a little bit messed up it still is a lot more "professional"
than the older layout. Excellent work!

I do have a little feature request. Would it be possible to set the auto
timer data on the same page where I schedule a normal recording, so that
one could do things like:

	select a channel
	find a series for recording (say, Star Trek)
	press "Rec" to get to the page where you setup a recording
	click in a little checkbox "Always record this show"
	choose any optional auto timer options

I noticed that watching the "live" TV snapshots doesn't work if vdradmin
and VDR are run on different machines. VDR saves the snapshot in
/tmp/vdr.jpg on the VDR host and vdradmin tries to read /tmp/vdr.jpg on
the host where it runs, and obviously there is no such file on the
vdradmin host. A solution to this could be to stream the image as a
image/jpeg over the socket, or then have a config option that specifies
where the image is saved by VDR, so that it can be saved into some
directory that both hosts can access.

I also tried an auto timer for a few shows I usually forget to record.
Worked ok for the first one and immediately three timers were created for
this week. I added another one and it doesn't seem to show up at all. I
copy & pasted the name of the show from the "Channels" page in order to
get it right, and I see the correct name in the vdradmind.at file, so
vdradmin has got it correct. The show is on tomorrow, and the "Channels"
data shows it correctly. Maybe vdradmin updates auto timers at regular
(but infrequent) intervals?

Anyway, as I said vdradmin is excellent work!

	Chakie
--
  "You can't trample infidels when you're a tortoise. I mean, all you could
                  do is give them a meaningful look."