[vdr] Re: Increasing SDRAM on DVB cards

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 07:55:28PM +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Maybe not for _everybody_, but once it works, it can be used _every day_ ;-)
>
> Let's see whether this leads anywhere. Chances are it won't work, anyway.
> And if it should work, VDR will, of course, always keep working with the
> default OSD. So nobody will be forced to do this.

I must admit I found this idea quiete strange...
Wouldn't it be much better to have a "good" graphic card and do all OSD
with it?

For example, playing mpeg2,divx,... with a Matrox G400 is perfectly
smooth with a PII@300, so a real combined graphic card and DVB solution
would be perfect (and don't tell me the TV output is bad with that
solution: it's much better than the DVB output...).

	Grégoire