[vdr] Re: can the osd be accessed by a separate pthread?

Gunnar Roth <gunnar.roth@gmx.de> wrote:

> Is this really true?  what about  a status message appearing because
> of cutting process ended?
> or a message iniated by a call to svdrsend.pl? my vbox plugin also
> show a status message if new calls are available.

it can't. the osd is a static object. there is only one at any time.
when there is already an osd open cOsd::OpenRaw(x, y) will return NULL.

cOsdBase *cOsd::OpenRaw(int x, int y)
{
  return osd ? NULL : cDevice::PrimaryDevice()->NewOsd(x, y);
}

> >when you fall out of the main thread, what do you want to wait for?
> >when it ends, it ends. nothin more, nothing less. :-)
> >
> to wait until the thread really ends. because the thread  accesses the
> osd.

the osd gets closed just before the main thread ends. so there is
nothing to wait for.

greetings ...
clemens