[vdr] Re: can the osd be accessed by a separate pthread?

Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:

Gunnar Roth <gunnar.roth@gmx.de> wrote:

Is this really true? what about a status message appearing because
of cutting process ended?
or a message iniated by a call to svdrsend.pl? my vbox plugin also
show a status message if new calls are available.

it can't. the osd is a static object. there is only one at any time.
when there is already an osd open cOsd::OpenRaw(x, y) will return NULL.

cOsdBase *cOsd::OpenRaw(int x, int y)
{
return osd ? NULL : cDevice::PrimaryDevice()->NewOsd(x, y);
}

maybe this is valid for OpenRaw, but believe me a status message will interfer with your plugin as i did explain in my last post.
please do a test by yourself. start testris and then issue a status message from the console with "svdrsend.pl MESG "this is a test""
and look what happens.

when you fall out of the main thread, what do you want to wait for?
when it ends, it ends. nothin more, nothing less. :-)

to wait until the thread really ends. because the thread accesses the
osd.

the osd gets closed just before the main thread ends. so there is
nothing to wait for.

It gets closed , but at this time the main vdr thread can already do access the osd.
you do an usleep in your thread loop, on slow computers this could indded happen IMHO

greetings ...
clemens

regards,
gunnar