[vdr] Re: can the osd be accessed by a separate pthread?

Gunnar Roth <gunnar.roth@gmx.de> wrote:

> >it can't. the osd is a static object. there is only one at any time.
> >when there is already an osd open cOsd::OpenRaw(x, y) will return
> >NULL.
> >
> >cOsdBase *cOsd::OpenRaw(int x, int y)
> >{
> >  return osd ? NULL : cDevice::PrimaryDevice()->NewOsd(x, y);
> >}
> >
> maybe this is valid for OpenRaw, but believe me a status message will
> interfer with your plugin as i did explain in my last post.
> please do a test by yourself. start testris and then issue a status
> message from the console with "svdrsend.pl  MESG  "this is a test""
> and look what happens.

as i have already said: that is not the plugins fault. have you tried
this with any other plugin that opens an raw osd? i.e. with klaus' own
osddemo plugin?

> >the osd gets closed just before the main thread ends. so there is
> >nothing to wait for.
> >
> It gets closed , but at this time the main vdr thread can already do
> access the osd.
> you do an usleep in your thread loop, on slow computers this could
> indded happen IMHO

but where is the problem? when the osd has been closed, it does not
matter, if the plugins "main thread" thread is still runnig for a few
milliseconds or not.

what are you concerned about?

regards ...
clemens