[vdr] Re: can the osd be accessed by a separate pthread?

Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:

Gunnar Roth <gunnar.roth@gmx.de> wrote:

I use idnlog to display the current phone caller name and number on
tv, by using svdrsend.pl
I just did a test. i opened tetris and by accident, my sister in law called on the phone.
the reult was, that the tetris plugin was shattered, the message
diplay line, was transparent black on top of the screen,
insteas of beieng green and at the bottom. furthermore video and sound
of the live a/v was heavily distorted.

i would say this is a bug in vdr, because it should not use the osd
while a plugin has opened it. i guess it just uses the osd pointer not
knowing that it is already in use.

Hello? Did you read my first mail completely? there i mentioned that i think it it not allowed
for a plugin to access the osd from a separate thread, this was what klaus told me in his answer to another post, about using Inetrface->Status()
in a separate thread.

there should be some way to stop the games plgun from using the osd, while the main thread uses the osd.

vdr has the possibility to shutdown the plugin at any time, for example
the menu button does trigger this.
Hmm shutdown is a little bit to harsh IMHO, there should be a way to notify the plugin to stop using the osd for this period of time
where status messages are displayed.

maybe the cStatus class can be used...

the osd should be shareable to some degree. why shouldn't tetris run
undesturbed while a message gets displayed. this may be really
compleacted to implement properly, though.

This would be even better of course if it is kust for status messages

i think the core vdr should improve this in helping the plugins in
some way, to not mix up the osd.

IMHO, in your test case it is the other way round. vdr messes up the
tetris plugins osd. :o)

Tell this klaus, i am eager for his answer  *g*

regards ...
clemens

regards,
gunnar