[vdr] Re: ARD choppy sound, KIKA weird sound problem

Hi Roland,

Roland Behme wrote on Sun, Nov 09 2003:

>The bad news is, that the problem seems to remain on recordings. The
>good news is, that it's gone after running the .vdr-files through
>vdrsync.

Same here. When processing the files with vdrsync or PVAStrumento, the
problem is completely gone. Either I can play the MPEG with mplayer or
split it to 2 GB pieces, rename to *.vdr, etc. and play with VDR
directly just fine. Sound is okay then, also synchronous to picture.

>It seems like ARD recently changed their MPEG-Encoder and the new one
>causes trouble with AV7111/AV7110 devices.

I had the problem on different channels, namely the Dutch Canal+ (red
and blue), hessen fernsehen and recently on 3Sat. And I cannot
reproduce it: sometimes is helps just switching the channels back and
forth, sometimes I restart vdr and drivers, sometimes it's already in
"live" view.

I also have the effect, that live picture from a channel is fine, when
I press "menu" and "red" (record immediately) the problem starts (in
live view).

Kind regards   Frederick