[vdr] Re: ARD choppy sound, KIKA weird sound problem

Hi Matthias,

> 1.) I am experiencing a strange problem with sound on station ARD, BR3 and
> probably all others on the same transponder: The sound is choppy, which means
> it is missing frames, every second a couple of them. I have to switch the
> channels back and forth a couple of times before the sound eventually is ok.
I have the same problem here. The bad news is, that the problem seems
to remain on recordings. The good news is, that it's gone after
running the .vdr-files through vdrsync.

This case was recently discussed here:
<http://www.vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=7544&sid=>
(sorry, only in german)

It seems like ARD recently changed their MPEG-Encoder and the new one
causes trouble with AV7111/AV7110 devices.

Regards,
 Roland

--
In god we trust - all others cash.