[vdr] Re: ARD choppy sound, KIKA weird sound problem

On Sunday 09 November 2003 00:32, Roland Behme wrote:
> I have the same problem here. The bad news is, that the problem seems
> to remain on recordings. The good news is, that it's gone after
> running the .vdr-files through vdrsync.
>
> This case was recently discussed here:
> <http://www.vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=7544&sid=>
> (sorry, only in german)
>
> It seems like ARD recently changed their MPEG-Encoder and the new one
> causes trouble with AV7111/AV7110 devices.
>
> Regards,
>  Roland

Does this mean my Hauppauge Nexus-s will not work properly any more?
Has Hauppauge given a statement concerning this? May this be fixed with a
firmware update?

I find this behaiviour very annoying. It seems to me that a lot of people are
affected. What is a reasonable response to the problem? Do we have to address
this to ARD or to Hauppauge?

Gruß,
Matthias