[vdr] Re: ARD choppy sound, KIKA weird sound problem

Matthias Bodenbinder wrote:
> On Sunday 09 November 2003 00:32, Roland Behme wrote:
>
>>I have the same problem here. The bad news is, that the problem seems
>>to remain on recordings. The good news is, that it's gone after
>>running the .vdr-files through vdrsync.

OK, that's fine. I don't know vdrsync but I'll try it.

The problem goes away after processing the file with ds.jar/X080.jat
too. So it's at least possible to

>>This case was recently discussed here:
>><http://www.vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=7544&sid=>
>>(sorry, only in german)
>>
>>It seems like ARD recently changed their MPEG-Encoder and the new one
>>causes trouble with AV7111/AV7110 devices.
>>
>>Regards,
>> Roland
>

> Does this mean my Hauppauge Nexus-s will not work properly any more?
> Has Hauppauge given a statement concerning this? May this be fixed with a
> firmware update?

The firmware used with the Linux DVB driver does not come from
Hauppauge. It's part of the DVB driver.

> I find this behaiviour very annoying. It seems to me that a lot of people are
> affected. What is a reasonable response to the problem? Do we have to address
> this to ARD or to Hauppauge?

Certainly not to Hauppauge.

Wolfgang