[vdr] Re: bitstreamout-0.48pre8

Hi Christian,

Christian Jacobsen wrote on Wed, Nov 12 2003:

>>>tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0

>just reread and I think this is wrong !?
>If I understand it correct then you need the shmfs !?

That's what INSTALL says, but there is no such thing as shmfs (at
least not any more). The kernel docs clearly state, that shmfs is
deprecated and tmpfs' predecessor. I'm talking about an unpatched
kernel 2.4.18 (and above), downloaded from de.kernel.org

I even downloaded the latest 2.4.22 and studied docs/configs, etc.
same applies here: no shmfs, only tmpfs. I really wonder, what INSTALL
is talking about ;-)

Kind regards  Frederick