[vdr] Re: Recordings menu is empty !?

Thomas Glomann wrote:

> > Is this "plain vanilla" VDR, or are there any patches involved?
> > In particular I'm wondering about the "fam" patch.
> >
> > Klaus
>
> Usually , it is not vanilla VDR of course, but I don't use the FAM patch
> anyway.
> Just tried vanilla VDR 1.2.6  ->  same effect.
> so plain vanilla vdr, new clean video dir, small test recording, no recordings
> shown in menu. what else could i try ??
>
> I will now try my "old" nfsroot environnement. this one used to work
> flawlessly. it is the one from the vdr-nfsroot howto, pretty small and
> featureless but it does the job. maybe there is sth wrong with that mini-suse
> ditribution i am using at the moment.

You could try to add these lines (marked with XXX) to recording.c's
cRecordings::Load() function and see whether there are cases where
REC logs some string, but NAM doesn't:

bool cRecordings::Load(bool Deleted)
{
  Clear();
  bool result = false;
  char *cmd = NULL;
  asprintf(&cmd, FINDCMD, VideoDirectory, VideoDirectory, Deleted ? "*" DELEXT : "*" RECEXT);
  FILE *p = popen(cmd, "r");
  if (p) {
     char *s;
     while ((s = readline(p)) != NULL) {
           dsyslog("REC: '%s'", s); //XXX
           cRecording *r = new cRecording(s);
           dsyslog("NAM: '%s'", r->Name()); //XXX
           if (r->Name())
              Add(r);
           else
              delete r;
           }
     pclose(p);
     Sort();
     result = Count() > 0;
     }
  else
     Interface->Error("Error while opening pipe!");
  free(cmd);
  return result;
}

Klaus