[vdr] Re: svdr commands in epg menu?

Jan Rieger said:

> the control-plugin sends it's data in vt100 code, so that the osd can be
> seen
> with telnet, ...  The Problem with this is, that there are no meta
> information
> available on the client side that could by used by a plugin to reconstruct
> real vdr osd. I think there should be a specialized plugin to reach what
> you
> wrote...
>
> But I can imagine the following constellation:
>
> Sever:
>     control-plugin
>
> Client:
>     console-plugin with a predefined command: telnet <server> <port>
>
> So it should be possible to completely control the server from the client
> side. But there are some drawbacks:
> - The server osd doesn't look really good on the client.
> - A keyboard is needed on the client side because the IR signals
>   (at least not all) can't be forwarded with the used protocol.

It was just an idea, to have a client-plugin which catches all my remote
commands
and delivers it to the server-plugin. Console-plugin shows enough feedback
as far I've seen. Also I didn't work out, what this plugin expects to
work.
So yesterday I had the console-plugin only open to show, what I did on the
other
telnet session (svdrhost).

regards
D. Etter