[vdr] Re: svdr commands in epg menu?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Etter" <Daniel.Etter@etter.ch>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2003 11:55 AM
Subject: [vdr] Re: svdr commands in epg menu?

> perhaps the developer of the control-plugin reads this. How about a
> rcontrol-plugin, witch
> reacts whith the control-plugin on the server?
> So we could handle the VDR-Server from the client, as usual and nobody has
> change sources inside VDR.

Hi,

the control-plugin sends it's data in vt100 code, so that the osd can be
seen
with telnet, ...  The Problem with this is, that there are no meta
information
available on the client side that could by used by a plugin to reconstruct a
real vdr osd. I think there should be a specialized plugin to reach what you
wrote...

But I can imagine the following constellation:

Sever:
    control-plugin

Client:
    console-plugin with a predefined command: telnet <server> <port>

So it should be possible to completely control the server from the client
side. But there are some drawbacks:
- The server osd doesn't look really good on the client.
- A keyboard is needed on the client side because the IR signals
  (at least not all) can't be forwarded with the used protocol.

Jan