[vdr] Re: Problems with mplayer / encoding cut recordings...

Patrick Cernko wrote:

Also sprach Laz zu "25.11.2003 23:47" Anno Domini:

I've been finding that some of my cut recordings cannot be played back
with mplayer, basically because it cannot recognise the file type (I
don't think it will let you force a codec, either!).

More importantly, I cannot convert them with either mencoder or
transcode, due to the same problem. These recording play back fine with
vdr and xine, and the uncut versions play fine with mplayer!

Plays fine in xine? I never ever had a recording that played "fine", I
was lucky if anyone I tested played at least (with distortions!). What
version of xine are you using?

For me xine works better than mplayer. I converted a Stargate episode
with ffmpeg to an AVI with MPEG-4 and MP3, and mplayer has *lousy*
voice sync at all times. With xine there are no voice sync problems, but
there's some garbage on the left edge, about 8 pixel squares, which
appear to reflect what's on the right edge of the video. Go figure,
it's probably because I cut out some of the video from left, right and top
when encoding, so it's no longer exactly PAL-sized.
In any case that AVI plays just perfectly on Windows with divx player
or divx decoder in MS media player, so I just need to reboot..

Ari

--
Does life exist beyond this quarter?