[vdr] Re: Strange Kernel Error

I'm using version 2.4.26-gentoo-r9. Since the problem never occured on
older kernels I used earlier (I have used VDR for about 2 years and never
came across this error) and since i've used this version for a few months
without problem, I have hard time believing that a kernel upgrade should
be the solution

When it happends it seems to shutdown VDR and lock the modules used by it,
if I try to unload the drivers I just get a "resource busy"-error.

Best Regards,
Mattias Viberg

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Christian Gmeiner wrote:

> Mattias Viberg schrieb:
>
> >Hi All,
> >
> >Yesterday when recording a hockeygame I was watching the picture just
> >turned black with no obvious reason what so ever. The log gave me:
> >
> >Dec  1 10:13:35 [kernel] Unable to handle kernel paging request at
> >virtual address 0f242c4e
> >Dec  1 10:13:35 [lircd 0.7.0pre7] removed client
> >Dec  1 10:13:35 [kernel]  printing eip:
> >Dec  1 10:13:35 [su(pam_unix)] session closed for user root
> >
> >Since yesterday the same error has occured two more times, both time
> >when theres hd-activity (like authoring a dvd at the same time as
> >cutting a recording.
> >

> What kernel version are you using? Maybe you should update your kernel
> to a much recent version.
>
> Greets
>
> --
> Christian Gmeiner