[vdr] Re: Strange Kernel Error

Mattias Viberg a écrit :
I'm using version 2.4.26-gentoo-r9. Since the problem never occured on
older kernels I used earlier (I have used VDR for about 2 years and never
came across this error) and since i've used this version for a few months
without problem, I have hard time believing that a kernel upgrade should
be the solution

When it happends it seems to shutdown VDR and lock the modules used by it,
if I try to unload the drivers I just get a "resource busy"-error.
Last time I had those kind of errors, it was a bad memory chip... Random errors from time to time (once a month, in the case of a quiet server), in a totally random process (often DNS, in my case, because DNS was the most active process on that server).
Check the process name in which the error occurs : if it's not the same everytime, go for a hardware problem...

--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index