[vdr] Re: Sound muted after playing file with mplayer plugin

Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 10:29:07AM -0800, C.Y.M wrote:

INFO: Variable CMDLINE has value "/usr/bin/mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes -framedrop -cache 4096 -slave -nolirc -quiet"

I would assume mplayer is using PCM to playback the video files. I am not using the SPDIF right now. I am only testing with a Nexus-S FF card (I do not know how budget cards react with this). The MP3 portion of the plugin uses PCM and it does not have a problem like mplayer does. If I just play a mp3, then stop playback, live tv regains its audio just fine. This problem only occurs when playing back both audio and video (mplayer).

Hmm ... I'd like to get around 30 seconds (~ 10MB) of such a stream
to see where the problem is caused.  This because replaying AV data
with AC3 or PCM with VDR or with text_av_play just recovers fine
after replay.  On the other hand it may be a problem of the plugin
used for forwarding the mplayer data.  It should not mute the
audio afterwards.

Hi Dr. Werner Fink, I tried to send you an email containing the sample but it just bounced on me. Do you have a ftp site I can upload on or how would you like me to send it. Please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Home | Main Index | Thread Index