[vdr] Re: Sound muted after playing file with mplayer plugin

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 10:29:07AM -0800, C.Y.M wrote:

> INFO: Variable CMDLINE has value "/usr/bin/mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao
> mpegpes  -framedrop -cache 4096 -slave -nolirc -quiet"
>
> I would assume mplayer is using PCM to playback the video files.  I am
> not using the SPDIF right now.  I am only testing with a Nexus-S FF card
> (I do not know how budget cards react with this). The MP3 portion of the
> plugin uses PCM and it does not have a problem like mplayer does.  If I
> just play a mp3, then stop playback, live tv regains its audio just
> fine.  This problem only occurs when playing back both audio and video
> (mplayer).

Hmm ... I'd like to get around 30 seconds (~ 10MB) of such a stream
to see where the problem is caused.  This because replaying AV data
with AC3 or PCM with VDR or with text_av_play just recovers fine
after replay.  On the other hand it may be a problem of the plugin
used for forwarding the mplayer data.  It should not mute the
audio afterwards.

         Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/