[vdr] Re: Easiest way for VDR 1.3x with Suse 9.2?

Ludwig Nussel wrote:

Ari Huttunen wrote:

I've been here before, with Mandrake 10.0, but do I yet again need to start recompiling the kernel, drivers, and VDR, or is there an easier way?

# yast -i vdr && rcdvb start && rcvdr start

I did that and.. nothing. How non-inspiring. No error messages and no
output on my television.

I actually installed vdr via the GUI yast, and ran those other two as
root on a terminal later. Is there some documentation I'm supposed to
read, like where am I supposed to learn about rcdvb and rcvdr? How am I
supposed to control VDR? I want to control it via a keyboard at first,
and switch to LIRC a bit later, but mainly I'd just prefer it to work
somehow. Unfortunately Suse installation messed up my computer and I no
longer can boot Mandrake, so I've no working VDR at the moment..

Thanks,

 Ari

Home | Main Index | Thread Index