From: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org] On Behalf
Of Sean Carlos
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 4:05 PM
To: vdr@linuxtv.org
Subject: [vdr] Re: Multi-day EPG for the Sky Digital?

Gavin Hamill wrote:

>Hi :)
>
>What are people (Klaus?) using to get EPG for Sky channels? Is XMLTV
>still the
>best bet? Is the 'xmltv2vdr' 1.0.6 script ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Tools
still
>valid / useful today?
>
>The README for 1.0.6 talks about adding the XMLTV "sky-news.sky.com"
>style
>channel name - but surely this will be overwritten when VDR updates
PIDs /
>Channel names?
>
>Cheers,
>Gavin,

I'm using xmltv + a modified xmltv2vdr.  Make sure you get the latest
version of xmltv.  There are two UK sources - Radio Times
(tv_grab_uk_rt) offers richer data.

I modified xmltv2vdr to include program subtitles (the secondary title,
not the hearing impaired type!) and to through additional attributes
into the description field, such as Film rating, actors etc.  I need to
finish some internationalization and to test it with other data sources
before I pass it on to the maintainer for a general release.  But if you

want to test it, let me know.

Sean

Home | Main Index | Thread Index