[vdr] Re: Multi-day EPG for the Sky Digital?

Sean Carlos wrote:

Gavin Hamill wrote:

Hi :)

What are people (Klaus?) using to get EPG for Sky channels? Is XMLTV still the best bet? Is the 'xmltv2vdr' 1.0.6 script ftp.cadsoft.de/vdr/Tools still valid / useful today?

The README for 1.0.6 talks about adding the XMLTV "sky-news.sky.com" style channel name - but surely this will be overwritten when VDR updates PIDs / Channel names?

Cheers,
Gavin,

I'm using xmltv + a modified xmltv2vdr. Make sure you get the latest version of xmltv. There are two UK sources - Radio Times (tv_grab_uk_rt) offers richer data.

I modified xmltv2vdr to include program subtitles (the secondary title, not the hearing impaired type!) and to through additional attributes into the description field, such as Film rating, actors etc. I need to finish some internationalization and to test it with other data sources before I pass it on to the maintainer for a general release. But if you want to test it, let me know.

Sean

Hi,
I use WGET to retrieve data for the UK channels from BLEB.ORG, then xmltv2vdr to send that data to VDR.
I run it automatically each time VDR starts, that way I always have about the next 7 days of UK EPG in VDR.
German EPG comes over satellite as usual.

Cheers Brian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index