[vdr] Re: WinTV-PVR 150 questions

On Monday 27 December 2004 17:58, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Lars Altenhain wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Monday 27 December 2004 12:05, Rene Bredlau wrote:
> >>Hi Klaus,

> >>The people from the ivtv driver are working on this card, too. But i do
> >>not know the state of the development for this card at the moment. If
> >>there is something working allready you should check the current
> >>development branch 0.3 on it.

> >>To use the driver together with vdr you can take the analogtv plugin or
> >>extend vdr itself ;-)
> >>
> >>If you pick a PVR-250 it is allready working. PVR-150 is quite new and
> >>somehow different to the other PVR-??? modules.
> >
> > The problem with the PVR-250 is, that it doesn't deliver a working
> > transport stream.
>
> Does this mean that it basically _does_ deliver a TS, but just a broken
> one - or doesn't it deliver a TS at all? In the first case: is that the
> driver's fault or a hardware limitation?

It depends on the firmware version of the PVR, wether the TS is only broken or
there is no TS at all. Older firmware versions deliver a broken TS. The
picture is ok but sound is not in sync, or has dropouts. With the latest
firmware version there is no TS at all.

Lars

Home | Main Index | Thread Index