[vdr] Re: How to name the audio tracks?

hello,

Carsten Koch writes:
 > I see two situations where subtitles do make sense:
 >
 > a) An audio language that I understand well is not available.
 > b) I am watching the movie with international friends.
 >
 > So, the *default* subtitle language should follow the same rules as
 > above for the audio language, to cover situation a).
 > For situation b), the only solution is to select the proper
 > language manually.

Subtitles in general make a lot of sense, depending of course on in
which country you live :I

About the original question:

Case:

	A children's movie is broadcast with original and dubbed
	sound, and subtitles.  I would prefer having original audio to
	hear the real actors, while subtitles in my own language might
	help over some difficult parts, and cover for old enough
	children that are present...

- in this case the language choices should be available separately.

Over here, films for grown-ups are not dubbed, so the audio will
automatically fall back to original while having the preferred
subtitles, thus most of the time a single language setting works.

yours,
		Jouni

Home | Main Index | Thread Index