[vdr] Re: Error handling vs. user friendliness.

Helmut Auer wrote:
Hell Klaus

I started a recording, forgot about it, and started to throw away
channels.conf entries I am not interested in.

I doubt that, because VDR won't let you delete a channel which has
a timer programmed on it - or did you find a way to actually do this?

I think he deleted the channels the easy way - by editing channels.conf, not via vdr :-)
Oh, so he edited channels.conf while VDR was running?!
That's naughty...

Well, then what about just dropping offending lines in channels.conf
and timers.conf? With log messages, of course...

I'd prefer something like showing a message:

Errors in channels.conf - press ok to autorepair

and if ok is not pressed within x seconds vdr will shutdown.
At the time channels.conf is read there is no OSD yet.

So it's either the current behaviour or dropping offending
entries and starting anyway.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index