[vdr] Re: Error handling vs. user friendliness.

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 09:15:09PM +0100, Luca Olivetti wrote:

> >>If everything is so stable for you, why don't you just completely disable
> >>the "emergency exit"?
> >
> >Please don't fall from one extreme point to the other.  There are lots of
> >situations where emergency exits actually make much sense.
>
> Maybe, in multi card setup, instead of an emergency exit vdr could close
> the non-working device and call an external script to reload the module
> only for that card?

Would certainly be an improvement.  But I doubt that this is possible.
AFAIK, you can not remove a module while it is used.

An other option would be to retry on a different card (when one is
available).

--
Please visit and sign and http://www.ffii.org
-- Josef Wolf -- jw@raven.inka.de --