[vdr] Re: Timeline + LNB-sharing?

brougs78@gmx.net(Andreas Brugger)  04.01.05 10:02

Once upon a time "Andreas Brugger " shaped the electrons to say...

>Hi List!

>Rainer Zocholl wrote:

>>But i can't test what happens with motor dishes, CAMs
>>and other shared resources.
>>

>I've a motorized dish attached to my first DVBs and the second is
>attached to a dish which receives Astra and Hotbird. I've searched a
>long time to solve this configuration-problem until I came across the
>sourcecaps-patch, which lets me define which card receives which
>source. With this patch the ProvidesChannel()-function is influenced
>so the plugin should run correctly out of the box ... didn't tried
>though. Also CAM-support should work right away, because the
>ProvidesChannel()-function also takes this into conisderation.

Thanks.
Hm, ProvidesChannel does not look like that this function is patched
by Matthias Loew's LNB-sharing patch or takes polarization-locking
into account (As it has only one "channel" parameter and returns only
True or False, how should it be able to detect such conflicts?).
Maybe the LNB-sharing patch can be combined with sourcecaps-patch
as both have to do with the same non-sharable-between-cards resources
problem so we may get a more flexible general solution?

Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index