[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.6.2 plugin

> > > I'm wodering if you could clear something up for me.  I've using
> > > vdr-xine to dvb-tv in australia.  However, many programs are sent in
> > > an mpweg2 stream boxed with a black border the whole way around.  The
> > > programs are generally older programs but it means on a 29inch 4:3 tv,
> > > you get about a 20" picture with black around the picture of about
> > > 2-3" the whole way around.
> >
> > Eww, not nice. Here in Europe even the older programs are sent normal.
> > What I noticed is that many stations send a black border on the left
> > side, but that one is not larger than 10 pixels or so.
>
> Mike may be watching broadcasts using 'AFD' which means that 4:3 broadcasts
> occur in a 16:9 frame - I had this thick-border problem when I briefly used a
> Dxr3 with VDR over a year ago.

OK, this seems to be my issue.  Is there any easy way to analyse the a
vdr recording to see if it contains afd's?

Also, I don't have a dxr3 card.  Can anyone describe for me exactly
how it works?  It sounds like the dxr3 card is being used to scale the
picture, does this  mean the vdr menu/play status bar would still be
lost??

I'm was hoping there would be some way of having vdr adjust its own
display mode based on the afd.  In any case this is of super low
priority, just getting the image display correct is the biggest issue
for me.

I've asked about scaling on the xine list a few times, and have not
recieved even one reply.  I don't think they are intrested in my
problem, I think most users in australia are using mythtv, which I
think has xoom/afd support already.

I noticed that the softdevice plugin now has mgatv support.  Maybe the
softdevice plugin could be used to scale the image??

Mick

Home | Main Index | Thread Index