[vdr] Re: configurable sharing patch and xine-plugin : durch LNBblockiert!

gregoire.favre@gmail.com(Gregoire Favre)  06.01.05 20:53

>On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 08:42:25PM +0100, Stefan Taferner wrote:

>Hello :-)

>> Digital TV only needs two connections. It should work to add a
>> 2:4 splitter (Multischalter). You can use one that is sold for
>> analog SAT. At least mine was an analog 3:4 splitter and it works
>> for digital too.

>Do you mean one could connect to more than one dish on 3 cards with
>only 2 cables ???

Yes.

The Multiswitch will use the first wire for "horizontal"
and the second wire for "vertical".
The only problem left are lo/hi freq.
That would require 2 further cables...

I asume you must use 2 "1-in-2" to feed the multiswitch.
But you will still need the sharing patch.
I don't know if it is flexible enough only to lock
"lo/hi" per polarization...

Maybe it could work this way, but that could be crap...

                   +-----+
         +---+     |     |
   a-----+   |     |     +-----Rec2
         +---+     |     +-----Rec4
                   |     +-----Rec5
         +---+     |     +-----Rec6
         |   +-----+H/lo |
   b-----+   |     |     |
         |   +-----+H/hi |
         +---+     |     |
                   +-----+
      "SVE 2-01"   "MS 56" or "MS 54" (reichelt.de)

"a" "b" are the outputs of the Multiswitch in the (Quad-?)LNB or
the main instalation in front of you (the two cable you have)

Rc1..Rec6 are not independend because of the shared lo/hi.
So you can only connect VDR-receivers to it.

You may loose some signal level (approx. 3db per "box" = 6db)
if the switch (or the 1:2 splitters) has(have) no amplifier8s).

MS 56  5X6 Multiswitch 60 euro
SAT SPU56-03 Axing 5X6 Multiswitch 125euro(!)

I don't know if "SAT SPU36-01" Axing 3x6 would do it it
better(as the splitter can be omitted)/at all

Too i don't know if a switch really delivers the required
signals at its inputs or simply expects the right signal.
Maybe the analog switch (Axing 3x6) will work, as it
can't expect "high or Low  freq" at it's inputs?

Maybe a switch can be "modded" to work in this very
special way we would require here?

"SAT EKS DIGI100" sounds interessting too ;-)

>If that's the case and that I have understood multischwitch false
>(would be great) where could I find more info about it ?

I think "cascading" would be the word.

Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //