[vdr] Re: configurable sharing patch and xine-plugin : durch LNB blockiert!

On Thursday 06 January 2005 20:53, Gregoire Favre wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 08:42:25PM +0100, Stefan Taferner wrote:
>
> Hello :-)
>
> > Digital TV only needs two connections. It should work to add a
> > 2:4 splitter (Multischalter). You can use one that is sold for analog
> > SAT. At least mine was an analog 3:4 splitter and it works for digital
> > too.
>
> Do you mean one could connect to more than one dish on 3 cards with only
> 2 cables ???
> If that's the case and that I have understood multischwitch false (would
> be great) where could I find more info about it ?

Well, as Rainer already said, for digital only you need two cables, one for
horizontal, one for vertical. The multiswitch has two inputs (h / v), and
four (whatever) outputs. So if you connect your two cables to a multiswitch
it should work, as the one cable is used for h only,and the other is used
for v only.

Note: I have not tried this myself, but I use a cheap "analog" multiswitch
for digital only and it works. I have a quattro LNB and only use the two
digital cables (or is it quad LNB? its the one without multiswitch inside).

Kind regards,
Stefan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index