[vdr] Re: softdevice and DirectFB with Matrox G450

In <200501112306.23799.stefan@lucke.in-berlin.de>, Stefan Lucke wrote:

> On Dienstag, 11. Januar 2005 19:04, Tony Houghton wrote:
>
> > Two big problems though: none of the visible options support outputting
> > correctly to a 16:9 TV,
>
> I have no 16:9 display yet but that will change soon, so that I can check
> that myself.

In the meantime is there anything I can do as a quick hack to make it
simply fill the screen with whatever is broadcast?

> > and it's not dealing with interlacing correctly.
> > I need an equivalent of mplayer's "frameparity=top". Deinterlacing
> > filters are not a viable option.
>
> And shouldn't be used as tv should handle interlaced video well.

I know, provided you can sync the frames correctly, which is very much
more difficult than it sounds!

> Field parity "top" was just not set :-( . Please try attached diff.

I can see that should work if the pixel format is anything but YUV2, but
YUV2 is the only format that will work. No matter what I set
softdevice.PixelFormat to (yes, I have remembered to do this while VDR
is *not* running!), when I go into the Softdevice menu, it always says
YUV2. If I try to change it in the menu, nasty things happen such as the
controls having a mind of their own. I've heard of demons flying out of
noses, VDR comes pretty close with its remote control poltergeist!
Meanwhile there is no picture, because yet again VDR has disabled the TV
card until it's power-cycled, and I've got downloads I don't want to
interrupt :-(.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk

Home | Main Index | Thread Index