[vdr] Re: softdevice and DirectFB with Matrox G450

On Mittwoch, 12. Januar 2005 02:13, Tony Houghton wrote:
> Stefan Lucke wrote:
>
> > On Dienstag, 11. Januar 2005 19:04, Tony Houghton wrote:
> >
> > > Two big problems though: none of the visible options support outputting
> > > correctly to a 16:9 TV,
> >
> > I have no 16:9 display yet but that will change soon, so that I can check
> > that myself.
>
> In the meantime is there anything I can do as a quick hack to make it
> simply fill the screen with whatever is broadcast?

So you want to say that every thing is shown in a 4:3 pillar box on your TV ?

> > > and it's not dealing with interlacing correctly.
> > > I need an equivalent of mplayer's "frameparity=top". Deinterlacing
> > > filters are not a viable option.
> >
> > And shouldn't be used as tv should handle interlaced video well.
>
> I know, provided you can sync the frames correctly, which is very much
> more difficult than it sounds!
>
> > Field parity "top" was just not set :-( . Please try attached diff.
>
> I can see that should work if the pixel format is anything but YUV2, but
> YUV2 is the only format that will work.

Thats unclear to me. You "see" that would work for anything but YUY2 ?
Can you please explain this ?
Did you try the diff ?

>No matter what I set
> softdevice.PixelFormat to (yes, I have remembered to do this while VDR
> is *not* running!), when I go into the Softdevice menu, it always says
> YUV2.

With option -vo dfb:mgatv I forced to use YUV2 since I noticed that other
formats did not work.

Stefan Lucke

Home | Main Index | Thread Index