[vdr] Re: AW: VDR 1.3.18 Debian ?

Tobias Grimm a écrit :
My packages are available for Debian Woody and Sarge and come in two
different "patch-levels".  (see the examples at the end of this page).

Most of the packages have originally be created for the c't-vdr project
(c't is a german computer magazine) and are now maintained by the
Debian VDR and DVB packaging Team.
( http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-vdr-dvb/ - with an English
mailinglist - You're welcome!)

Besides the normal vdr packages, vdrdevel (maintained by Thomas Günther)
reflects the most actual vdr development version and can be installed
in parallel to the normal vdr package. You can easily switch between
the two versions on a running system.

bye,

Tobias
Thanks for your clear explanations.
I'll also note that those packages are geared toward a "legacy VDR installation" (ie. with a full-featured DVB card).
I moved to Darren Salt's repository because it is geared toward budget cards : includes vdr-xine and xinelib adapted to it, and it is easier to create a new package for a not-provided plkugin (as softdevice), since Darren maintains a standard vdr packages without the hassle of the stable (1.2.6)/development (1.3.x) dual install.
Also notice the Sebastian AKA Kron's EPIA repository, which adds support for hardware MPEG2 decoder for the EPIA/CLE266 mobos, via XvMC, using vdr-xine. This repository references Darren's one (there currently is a little versionning problem between the two, regarding xinelib, that I'll try to solve).

# Debian-EPIA-Packages (Sebastian AKA Kron) (http://via.animeland.de/)
deb http://via.animeland.de sarge main
deb-src http://via.animeland.de sarge main

--