[linux-dvb] Re: trouble tuning to any transponder -- working now

Thanks for the advice Douglas. I made the changes you suggested, and now I
am able to tune some carriers on T5 from vdr. I don't know why anything I
changed should have mattered, but maybe I fixed something in the config that
I had incorrect before.

I am still having the same trouble with dtv_scan -- even on carriers that
vdr can now tune to--  but I can at least use vdr now.

A few more questions:

Does VDR actually use the Program Number for tuning?
Does the tuner have any low-end symbol rate specifications? Any reason I
should have trouble tuning to a carrier with 7000 Msps or less?

Thanks!

> Hi Andy,
>
> > I have not seen anything to suggest that the driver modules have not
loaded
> > correctly. Everything seems to be working with VDR and kvdr and the osd
etc,
> > I just can't get it to tune any carriers. Also, I think I'm stuck in
PAL,
> > but that can wait until I actually have something to look at.
> >
> > Any words of advice, or some other method to test this thing?
>

> To test the card, you might like to modify the following lines in the
> InitFront() function of DVB/driver/dvb.c :
>
>                          // Astra n-tv default
>                          ChangePIDs(dvb, 0x00a2, 0x0060, 0x0037, 0,
> 0x00a2);
>                          secSetTone(dvb, SEC_TONE_ON);
>                          secSetVoltage(dvb, SEC_VOLTAGE_13);
>                          para.Frequency=12669500-10600000;
>                          para.u.qpsk.SymbolRate=22000000;
>

> And change the values appropriate for a channel (preferably FTA) on the
> transponder you are interested in. For starters, in the secSetTone line
> you would have SEC_TONE_OFF, and in para.Frequency you would have
> 10750000, rather than 10600000.
>
> Once those values have been modified, you should hopefully get the
> corresponding channel on your screen when the DVB driver is started up.
>
> Cheers,
> Doug.
>

> --
> Info: