[linux-dvb] Re: channels.conf syntax?

> formats, let me state the goal I am pursueing (sparked off by
> a recent posting by Jamie Honan): I would like to define a standard
> format for DVB channel lists and input configuration, which would
> be backed up by a tiny C library so it is usable by potentially
> every Linux DVB program out there. Why? Because it would simplify
> installation / configuration, making it easier for users to try
> new DVB software, making it easier for developers to write new
> software. Lets you use any scan tool to update the lists for any
> zapping or recording software.

For the sake of expandibility and parseability I would like the
format to be encapsulated into XML tagging.

It's hierarhical and it can be simply parsed or converted to
anything (even the web page) with standard xml tools, Mozilla
has builtin support for xsl transformations or there's a simple
commandile tool xsltproc which can convert xml's)