[linux-dvb] Re: channels.conf syntax?

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 01:24:13 -0700, emard@softhome.net wrote:

> If unified multimedia viewer/zapping application could parse some
> (even a simple) subset of XML, we could completely avoid libraries and C
> programming and call XSLT transformation from the shell,
> xsltproc transformation.xsl si.xml > channels.xml
>
> (a XML transformation file is typically just few KB long)
> (from C you can use system("xsltproc.."); that will bring a complex
> XML format into the simple XML subset parseable by the simple C
> consctructs.
>
> dont worry it's fast to convert even a 1MB of transponder
> data in XML into the XML channels cubset in less than a second!

Unfortunately the channels.conf format is probably a bit too kludgy
to be fully automatically parsed, specially where it comes to getting
the ppid code.

I know about the existance of xslt, but haven't had time to look into it.
We'd really need a DTD for dvb data, though.  Is there one as of yet,
all I've been able to find was stuff for MHP XML?

http://xml.coverpages.org/DVB-HTML-v10-DTD.html
http://www.evolt.org/article/DVB_HTML_a_new_standard_Part_1/25/33143/?

Then there's XMLTV, which I feel would be a worthy thing to be able
to support, since not all channels have proper epg listings:

http://xmltv.sourceforge.net/
--
   /* * * Otto J. Makela <om@iki.fi> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * */
  /* Phone: +358 40 765 5772, FAX: +358 40 7860457, ICBM: 60N 25E */