[linux-dvb] Re: Where is the PCR?

Johannes Stezenbach <js@convergence.de> writes:

> On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 06:03:16PM +0200, Måns Rullgård wrote:
>> Johannes Stezenbach <js@convergence.de> writes:
>>
>> > The PCR values are there where they should be, on PID 0x8ad.
>> > What makes you think they are not?
>>
>> The simple fact that none of the TS packets have the PCR flag set in
>> the adaptation field.  Is there another method of encoding the PCR
>> that I am not aware of?  A small sample of what I am receiving is at
>> http://mru.ath.cx/~mru/samples/euronews.ts.  If anyone can find a PCR
>> value in that sample I'd be thankful to know how it was done.
>
> Currently on Euronews I see something like:
>
> 4708ad2bb7104b2072f4fe27ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Which card are you using?  I don't even see any adaptation fields.
This is a bit strange, since some padding is normally needed every now
and then.

> But in your sample there are indeed no PCRs. You know that the
> AV7110 corrupts adaptation fields for the streams it is currently
> decoding, do you?

I didn't know that, but I'm not using one of those either.  I'm using
Twinhan DST cards, admittedly with their driver since the free driver
doesn't support conditional access.  This particular program isn't
scrambled though, so there should be no munging going on.  I don't see
a reason why this particular program should be stripped of it's PCR
when the rest are intact.

Which satellite and transponder are you using?

--
Måns Rullgård
mru@pronto.tv

Home | Main Index | Thread Index