[linux-dvb] Re: FE_REFACTURING: skystar2: no data

At 16:40 11.11.2004, you wrote:

> Hm, how strange. In the mplayer docs it is mentioned, that that
> channels.conf should be in szap format, and that's what I let szap search a
> few transponders for testing for. And that channels.conf was placed in the
> right place, nevertheless it did not work.

I had a look at mplayers's libmpdemux/dvbin.c:
it does not like the new-style vdr 4th field ("S19.2E" for example) but
wants a number (0...4) there.
You should remove empty lines, lines starting with ':', and lines
starting with '#' as well; if not, the channel name you enter won't
match the channel it is store under. If I'm not totally mistaken now...
Something like: mplayer dvb://1@"ZDF" should work then.
Yeah, I assume it's my fault, I patched "szap" to swap the order of provider and channel name separated by ";" which mplayer does not like as well. I'll have a look when I find the time, it's not important for me to have it run in mplayer, I just want to use VDR.

BTW: did my last test proposal actually work:
vdr(FF-card) running and mplayer(SS2) running _at_the_same_time?
Yes, and it works fine.

Did you try it with both programs/cards tuned to the same channel?
Yes, tested it both on different channels, and also on the same channel, and even with the SkyStar on "AstraHD" and VDR running on the Nexus-S, all of these tests worked out fine. So my system setup, drivers, kernel-options, hardware and SAT-equipment is all fine. Nevertheless I can not get VDR to work on device 2, and I have no clue what the problem could be, as noone else seem to have experienced such a permanent "ERROR: could not get a lock on device 2..."

Any more advice highly appreciated.

--
Sincerely,
Master One