[vdr] Re: teletext for vdr

Gregor Molter wrote:
> I tried diffrent kind of encoders with overall one result: I don't worked
> the easy way!
>
> Peter used mpeg2encoder with a special partition file for it. Then it
> encodes one I-Frame only from a ppm image.

partition file?

however I use Imagemagick, you can use it from the convert (1) program
or directly from C++, Perl, and other languages. It uses mpeg2encoder,
but can transparently take any kind of image as input. Remember to set
the quality at the maximum level.

> Try to display your I-Frame several times. With Peters method I have tocall
> his VIDEO_STILLPICTURE function two times to see a picture on my tv.

so you use the plain ioctl call from the DVB API, within vdr?

> With the sampeg2 encoder I have to call it three times to see a part of the
> picture (about 75%) on my tv.
>
> May it possible to send the same I-Frame repeatly to the video-decoder (as a
> type of stream)?

isn't this more or less the same work Klaus' routine already tries to do
to emulate the not-working API call?

ciao & thank you
as

Home | Main Index | Thread Index