[vdr] Re: teletext for vdr

Alessio wrote:
> Gregor Molter wrote:
> > Peter used mpeg2encoder with a special partition file for it. Then it
> > encodes one I-Frame only from a ppm image.
>
> partition file?

Ups, sorry. Mpeg2encoder needs a parameter file which includes the type of
encoding, bitrates, number of ibp-frames, etc.

> > Try to display your I-Frame several times. With Peters method I have
tocall
> > his VIDEO_STILLPICTURE function two times to see a picture on my tv.
>
> so you use the plain ioctl call from the DVB API, within vdr?

As mentioned above in the thread, the routine is from Peter. If I remember
correctly he uses the plain ioctl call (I haven't the sources add my hands
at the moment).

> > May it possible to send the same I-Frame repeatly to the video-decoder
(as a
> > type of stream)?
>
> isn't this more or less the same work Klaus' routine already tries to do
> to emulate the not-working API call?

I don't know. I think so, but isn't there a VIDEO_FREEZE state in the driver
to pause an active video stream at an I-Frame?
If it is so it isn't very practicable as we haven't a full stream, or not?

Ciao,
    -Gregor

Home | Main Index | Thread Index