[vdr] Re: i am very frusted....

toni poschner wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 22. August 2002 11:26 schrieben Sie:
> > > pavinstrumento doesnt work for me... i have to install wine to run it...
> > > but my space left on my hd devices is limitied... but what do you mean by
> > > correct vdr files? is something wrong with them?
> >
> > For vdr there is nothing wrong with it, but when you cut the recordings vdr
> > does not adjust the video and audio part. Also some errors in the
> > dvb-stream can cause that problem. This is the reason that the encoder
> > tools to get out of sync ( afaik ). Pvastrumento and ds.jar are correcting
> > these "problem zones". Bye
> > Helmut
>
> hmmm this may help... because i always cut the movie and then start the
> encoding process...... ill try it at an uncutted movie.... thanks
>
> ralf

I've posted a small howto about converting VDR recordings to SVCDs a
while ago which is based simply on linux tools. I think you could find
it in the mailing list archive.

The main problem I've experienced so far is to get the correct audio
video delay from the .vdr files (cut or uncut made no difference here).
Since some bugs were corrected newer versions of mplex (in the driver
sources) work better here. However if you still get odd values it's
always a good try to take numbers in the range of 300..500 ms when
remuxing streams.

HTH
Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index