[vdr] Re: "Bug" in cutting function of VDR

Martin Hoffmann schrieb:

>>Hi Klaus,
>>
>>I hope you understand what I'm gonna try to explain to you now:
>>Yesterday, I recorded a movie, it is about 1 hour and 30 min long. My
>>intention is now to burn this movie on 2 SVCDs. With the cutting
>>functions of VDR, I cut the first 45 min out of the film and got a
>>separate file in the OSD with % as prefix. Now, I cut the second 45 min
>>out of the film, thinking VDR would write them into a different file.
>>Instead, the first file was deleted and the second one stored under the
>>same name, which is not very practical if you want to cut a recording
>>into several pieces. Did I do s.th. wrong, or is there any intention
>>behind this?
>>
>>Hope you comprehend my "newbie"-language
>>
>>Matthias
>>

>I guess this is intentional !
>VDR thinks that you want to correct your first cutting and so it deletes the
>first "try" !

Hi Martin,

I think your cutting solution is not bad, but I want to do it completely
via my IR-Control.
Your argument that VDR tries to delete a mistake is not very good, as
this mistake could easily be deleted manually. So, I would suggest for
VDR to index the cut files instead of overwriting them. I would also be
interested about Klaus' opinion to this...

Matthias

Home | Main Index | Thread Index