[vdr] Re: schedule channel change

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 10:58:38AM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:

> > > As for the function encoding: we don't need to start the filename with "@@"
> > > or so, since it is already clear that this is a "special" timer (start==stop).
> > > The first character of the filename should encode the special function, like
> > >
> > >   @   switch to the channel given in the timer
> >
> > As somebody else said for this timer(-type) you (may) need the end-time
> > to hinder VDR from auto-shutdown or something in this direction.
>
> No, you don't - we could consider such a timer as "user activity", which
> automatically resets the shutdown timer. I really want such timers to be of
> "zero length".
>
> > >   *   start an EPG scan
> >
> > The Question is "start EPG-scan" or "Jump to this channel for EPG-scan".
> > Maybe with a 10-30 (/VDR-Default-Value) seconds duration to give enough
> > time for gathering the EPG-info.
>
> If you swicth to a channel, VDR automatically gathers all EPG info from that
> entire transponder. So there is no need for "Jump to this channel for EPG-scan".
> A simple "Switch to this channel" will do if you only want the EPG from that
> channel's transponder.
>
> > What makes "Jump to this channel" sexy is that you can specify only the
> > channels/(/Transponders) that interest youself. You maybe need a few of
> > this timers but i don't see a problem here as you need to generate them
> > only once. (As i said before the "Repeating-timers" fit best for this
> > special timer-type)
>
> That's possible with the things I suggested.
>
> > The Advantage of a "Switch to channel" with a stop-time is that an
> > epg-scan-timer wouldn't interfere with this timer. (As long as the Prio
> > is correct(tm). When the EPG-Scan has higher Prio then VDR would/could
> > jump back after the obove meantioned timeout)
>
> Let's keep things **SIMPLE**.

Do as you wish. Personally i don't need it. (I have "scan-channels" for
epg-scanning) And as i always record the things i view (Prevent "worst
case"-scenario of not beeing at home.) i don't need any of this features
myself. I only need to know what i have to change in master-timer to be
compatibel with this feature. :-)

Bis denn